Assam University Recruitment 2017 :
Applications in prescribed format are invited from Indian nationals for filling up the following Teaching Positions in the University . Eligibility criteria and experience for teaching positions will be in accordance with the UGC, Regulation, 2010 and as amended from time to time including the 4th Amendment i.e., Regulations 2016 notified in Gazette of India on 11th July, 2016 and MHRD guidelines. The applicants may visit the following website for detail eligibility http://www.ugc.ac.in. http//: http://ncteindia.org . and http://www.aicte-india.org.
Important Dates :
- Last Date : 05-08-2017
Vacancy Details :
- Name Of The Post : Professor
- Total Posts : 04 posts
- Education Qualification : Click Here
- Name Of The Post : assistant Professors
- Total Posts : 36 Posts
- Education Qualification : Click Here
- Name Of The Post : Associated professors
- Total Posts : 05 Posts
- Education Qualification : Click Here
Application Fee :
- OBC & UR : Rs. 1000/-
- SC/ST/PWD : Nil
How To apply :
- The medium of instruction in the University is English.
- Candidates in service should submit application through proper channel or enclose “NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE”, from their present employer. However, an advance copy may be sent directly. Application received after stipulated date or incomplete will not be entertained and shall be rejected; no further correspondence will be made in this regard.
- Mere submission of application / satisfying the eligibility criteria does not entail the candidate to be called for interview. University reserves the right to shortlist the applications and call for interview whenever interview is held. The University also reserves the right to reject the candidature of the candidate at any stage of recruitment / selection process, if anything found false, tampered, fabricated or suppression of any information while registering the application and submitting the certificate/ testimonials.
- The University reserves the right: (i) To withdraw the advertisement either partly or wholly at any time without assigning any reason to this effect. (ii) To fill or not to fill up some or all the posts advertised for any reasons whatsoever. (iii) To offer a post at a level lower than that applied for, depending upon the qualifications, experience and performance of the candidate. (iv) To consider “in absentia” candidature of those who may not have applied or who may have applied but are not able to appear for the interview (v) To draw up reserve panel / waiting list(s), this will be valid for one year from the date of approval of the competent authority and may be used for appointments on consequential / new vacancies. (vi) To consider applications received after last date. (vii) To decide criteria / procedure for short listing of the candidates (viii) To consider the appointment on direct recruitment / on deputation / contract basis.
- If there is any change in the address after submission of application, the candidates should in his/her own interest arrange with the post office concerned for redirection of the communication from old to new address.
- The application form is consisting of Part-A and Part-B, an applicant shall have to fill both Part-A and Part-B and submit in a single lot. Separate application is required to be submitted for each Post.
- Against specific reserved community quota, only candidates of that particular community will be considered. A relaxation of 5% may be provided from 55% to 50% of the marks at the master’s level for the SC/ST category for all posts and to the physically and visually handicapped persons in appointments as Assistant Professor. Please note – (a) Caste certificate from competent authority for SC, & ST candidates in the prescribed format have to be produced. PWD candidates claiming the benefits of reservations should submit a copy of Medical Certificate as specified in the disabilities Act of 1995 in support of their disability. (b) If the candidates wish to be considered against a specific community quota and tick the community column accordingly, their application will be rejected unless proof of community in the prescribed format is enclosed. (c) Any subsequent representation for change of community status will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Reservation is available for Persons with disabilities under section 33 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights & full Participation) Act, 1995. As reservation for physically challenged candidates is on horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in the appropriate category (viz. SC/ST/OBC/PWD/UR).
- The application form should be written and signed by the candidate in his own handwriting only.
- Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other purpose.
- The crucial date of eligibility shall be the last date of submission of the application form.
- Candidates who will attend the interview for the post of Professor and or equivalent will be reimbursed AC III tire train fare through shortest route and those who will attend the interview for the post of Associate Professor & Assistant Professor and/ or equivalent will be paid Sleeper class train fare through shortest route on production of relevant tickets only. Bus fare shall be reimbursed only if there is no rail connectivity.
- Canvassing in favour of candidature both direct and indirect is strictly prohibited. Violation of this code of conduct will be treated as misconduct and will be brought to the notice of selection committee. The University reserves the right to cancel candidature of such candidates at any point of time if found in canvassing in any form.
- Application fee: -Rs. 1000.00 for UR & OBC Candidates. The candidates belonging to SC, ST, PWD category need not pay application fee, however, they will have to pay Rs. 200/- as postal expenses through demand draft .
- The filled in application form is to be submitted in a sealed cover superscribed with “Post applied for & Campus” with Advertisement no. etc to The Registrar, Assam University, Raja Rammohan Roy Administrative Building, Recruitment Cell, Silchar–788 011. Mode of Payment: Application fee has to be submitted through demand draft only, drawn in favour of Finance Officer, Assam University, Silchar payable at UCO Bank, Silchar (Branch Code 2005) or State Bank of India, Dargakona (Branch Code 14260). Application Fee paid through other mode of payment shall not be accepted.
- Certificate in support of experience shall be in proper format i.e. it shall bear the organization’s letter head, bear the date of issue, specific period of work, name and designation of issuing authority along with signature and official seal.
- The University will not be responsible for postal delay in any correspondences with the applicants/candidates.
- The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate, at any time, at the time of appointment or during the tenure of service. In case of fake documents, clandestine antecedents or suppression of information, services in the University shall be terminated.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage, even after issue of appointment, the University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate(s).
- Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the minimum essential qualifications and API scores, furnished with clarity.
- No correspondence no telephonic/electronic query will be entertained from candidates regarding postal delays, conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview. Canvassing directly or indirectly at any stages of the recruitment process will lead to disqualification. Special Instruction:
- Caste Certificate: The candidates should clearly state to which category they belong. They should also enclose a certificate issued by competent authority as proof to this effect, without which the applications will not be considered.
- The OBC certificate should be issued in the Proforma prescribed by the Government of India and it should clearly state that the candidate does not fall under creamy layer.
- Candidates belonging to OBC, should submit an attested copy of certificate of Creamy Layer exclusion in the prescribed form issued by Competent Authority, vide Column 3 of GOI, DOPT’s O.M. No. 36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 08.09.1993 and modified vide DOPT’s O.M. No. 36033/3/204-Estt(Res) dated 09.03.2004, without which applications will not be considered.
- Candidates belonging to PWD, should submit an attested copy of certificate of disability in the prescribed form issued by Competent Authority, in accordance to the GOI,DOPT’s OM No. 36035/3/2004-Estt(Res) dated 29th December,2005.
- Candidate should bring all original testimonials/ certificates relating to his/ her age, qualification, experience and caste etc. at the time of interview. In case the candidate fails to submit the original documents for verification of the certified/ Xerox copies of the enclosures to his/ her application, he or she shall not be allowed to appear at the interview and his candidature shall be treated as cancelled without any further communication in this regard.
Important Links :
Advertisement Download : Click Here