Gramin Dak Sevas in 2017 :
Gramin Dak Sevas invited eligible candidates by the respective appointing authority as shown in the annexure ‘B’ against each post, from eligible candidates for the selection and engagement to the posts of Gramin Dak Sevas under Assam Circle as listed in the Annexure.
Interested Candidate Can Read the Full Notification Before Apply
Important Dates :
- Application Begin : 24/07/2017
- Last Date : 29/07/2017
Apply Mode : Online
Vacancy Details :
- Name of Posts : Gramin Dak Sevaks
- Total Posts : 467 Posts (Assam)
- Age Limit : 18 to 40 years
- Educational Qualifications : Candidates must be 10th passed from approved state boards by the respective state Govt.
- Computer Knowledge : The candidates should have computer knowledge and will be required to furnish basic computer training certificate for at least 60 days from a recognized computer training institute.
Fee Payment :
- OC/OBC : Rs. 100/-
- SC/ST : Nil
- Candidates who requires to make the payment has to visit any Head Post Office to make the Payment. For making the payment candidate should inform Registration Number at the PO Counter
The candidates selected for the post of GDS BPM must mandatorily take up his/her residence in the Branch Post Office village within one month after selection.
Selection Criteria :
- Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification. Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection. Passing ofall the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory for taking candidate into account for calculating the merit.
- In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB(higher age as merit), ST female, SC female, OBC female, UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC male, UR male.
- Candidate can opt any five choice of posts with preference of priority from the Circle/Circles applied. In case if the candidate is selected in all choices the lowest priority preference will be retained and all other candidatures will be forfeited. Ex : If a candidate opts for five posts with preference post1, post2, post3, post4, post5 etc and selected as meritorious in more than one post, the post in the order of preference will be offered and the candidature for all the remaining posts will be forfeited.
- In case candidate willfully uploads wrong documents/information and unnecessary documents, his candidature will not be considered. Similarly in case the candidate enter marks erroneously either high or low with reference to marks list uploaded then the candidature will also not be considered.
How to Apply :
Candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or https://appost.in/gdsonline with the basic details to obtain the Registration Number.
1.For registering the candidature, the candidate should have the following essential data.
i) Name (In capital letter as per X class certificate Marks Memo including spaces)
ii) Father Name
iii) Mobile Number
iv) Date of Birth
vii) PH – Type of Disability – (HH/OH/VH)- Percentage of disability
viii) State in which Xth class passed
ix) Board in which Xth class passed
x) Year of Passing Xth class
xi) Xth Class Certificate Number
2. Any candidate will be allowed to register only one time in the portal. With this registration number he may apply to any of the Circles or any number of optional posts. Candidate should not attempt willful duplicate registrations since duplicate registration entitles disqualification of the registration.
Important Links :